Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Part 3: Dole Plantation and Shark's Cove

After the Manoa Falls hike we grabbed lunch called Teddy's Bigger Burgers which started my obsession with the teri burger.  YUM!  The whole place was done up with retro ads and a cute mural map of Waikiki.  I would have gone back to this place if it was a little closer to our hotel.

Then we hopped in the car and headed to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Along the way we got to see more ecological variety--weird looking evergreen trees. We got there too late for the train tour, but we saw the demo pineapple garden and bought a cute Santa ornament to remind us of our trip.  We wanted pineapple ice cream, but the line was too insane.






Subsequently, we drove to Hale'iwa to get some shave ice at Matsumoto's, and iconic Hawaiian tradition.  I got the adzuki beans to say that I tried them, and they were repulsive.  Also the strawberry flavor in my rainbow was gross.  We both were unimpressed, but at least got a cute pic.




After the shave ice we found Shark's Cove at Pupukea and went snorkeling.  It was a small rocky cove and we had the place mostly to ourselves because it was almost sunset by the time we got there.  Clint gave me pointers on how to swim/snorkel without a life vest and we cruised around and saw a few cute fish.  It was peaceful and romantic moment.  Afterwards we drove back to Honolulu and went to Uncle Bo's for "pupus" (small plates).  I read about Uncle Bo's on a blog I follow--it had a very hip vibe--lights, music, beautiful modern paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment