Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 5: Haunama Bay

 
Of course, we had to hit the ultimate tourist destination: Haunama Bay.  We followed the advice and got their ridiculously early to beat the crowds--and we were sure glad we did.  As it was, there were plenty of people there already.  We tried to go further down the curve of the beach to get to an area that was a little more private, but we mistakenly got in right on top of a part of the reef.  You see that nice blue hole?  So that's why all the people were there.  The problem is that when you're not up above, you can't see these things.  Anyway, the coral comes up quite high in the water, so I keep panicking trying not to touch it (which you're not supposed to do) but kept feeling like I was grounding myself on it like a beached whale.  (Not so comfy on your stomach.)  I kept trying to put my butt in the air like Clint told me, so I could float higher, but then my back started hurting from all that arching.  Then I started having problems with my mask and my breathing...then I got water in my ear past my earplug--so I kind of freaked out and went to the beach.  Clint has decided now that I think I like snorkeling, but I really don't like it--and therefore we should not attempt it on any more vacations.  (Snorkeling on our honey moon was also a bust.)  I say, I liked it two of the four times I've ever done it, so that's 50/50 right?  Granted, one of those times I had on a life jacket and was in a fresh water cenote....so it's pretty different.  Anyway, I did see some bright colored fish--I wish I wrote down descriptions of them so I could attempt to figure out the names.
 
 

There is a giant set of stairs that you must ascend to leave the beach--we decided at the top to take a few pics.  However, it was very bright.  There is a whole series of pictures of me trying to join Clint and being blinded...so eventually I just stole the sunglasses.  Bwahahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment