Monday, March 28, 2016

National Board Capitol Day

I found out last November that I National Board Certified.  Huzzah!  This February we had a day when those to certified this year were honored at the Capitol.


Here I am being honored in the House.  To my left is my representative, Lynn Hemingway.  He was very friendly and took pictures of us, which I wish I had a copy of.  (Clint was up in the balcony and hence didn't get great photos.)  On his left is another teacher (who lives in my neighborhood) getting her certification. It was good to get to know her!  We talked about getting a librarian endorsement which I am interested in doing.

In the Senate we didn't get to stand by and meet our specific senators, but the senator who covers the area of Cyprus High School came out and talked to me  (because they read off our names and what school we work for).



Here is a picture of just the Granite District teachers who certified or re-certified (plus the two administrators). 

After being honored we had lunch at Em's, a nearby restaurant.  Yum!  It was fun to be treated like a big wig--teachers don't exactly get business lunches.





No comments:

Post a Comment