Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thanksgiving


This Thanksgiving Clint and I drove down to Flagstaff  for Thanksgiving to visit my fam for Thanksgiving.  My brother and his wife live in Flagstaff and my parents flew out.  Unfortunately, my sister and her husband just got back from China, so their family wasn't able to join the festivities.

Of course, one of the things the menfolk wanted to do was go shooting.  It seems like a Thanksgiving in Flagstaff sort of thing to do.  Also Clint and I went shooting when we had Thanksgiving in Flagstaff with my brother before, so it's sort of a tradition.  And let's be honest, what with my Republican family, it seems to fit.  Here are the men folks posing with a shotgun (I think.  There was also a rifle at some point and I can't pretend I really even know the difference.  I believe it's the shot gun that you shoot the clay pigeons with though and that's what they were doing here.)  Watching the clay pigeons was pretty entertaining--especially the debacle of trying to throw the things, hehe.







I also attempted a little shooting at some soup cans with the hand gun.  Last Thanksgiving Derek had me shoot some giant crazy gun of his and since then I stick to the small stuff without backlash.  This is Derek attempting to tell me how to hold the thing.  (Yes, I should have edited this photo, but I am way behind in blogging, so too bad.)  The men also shot at the cans etc. but it was less exciting to watch though it was nice just being outside under clear blue skies. 


For our actual feast I made the Stosich cranberry salsa dip.  (I have since given the recipe to my mom and two people from my book club just this season).  Here is the recipe for all. We also enjoyed the traditional Murdock cranberry fluff salad, green beans, and of course mashed potatoes, turkey, and my dad's gravy.



My brother's birthday was the day right after Thanksgiving.  To celebrate we went to a Mexican restaurant and took some fried ice cream home for dessert.  (The kids were done with the restaurant.)  You can't see it very well, but below is some fried ice cream with a candle, hehe.  Anyway, a good time was had by all, and I managed to survive the 9+ hour drive while 8ish months pregnant very well.  :)


1 comment:

  1. I love all of these photos of everyone and the beautiful mountain shot on top! It looks like you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete