Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas

So, I was something of a Grinch this Christmas.  I told Clint that Christmas was cancelled (and I basically didn't buy any gifts).  So he bought some gifts for himself, wrapped them, opened them at his parents house and made a big show about how I am such a great wife for finding him such gifts.  Hah.  Typical Clint.  I did give him a coupon book with such gems as "a whole day of being able to answer questions with yes or no, no further explanation required."  If you know Clint, you'll know that he's very neurotic about being "questioned."  But apparently this is a man thing, not just a Clint thing because I found the idea online! I also included a bunch of other useful coupons that were more boring such as doing the dishes or making him some "macho nachos" while he watches sports.  You know, man stuff.

Clint did a great job at being Christmasy when I wasn't much in the mood.  (I think it's because I'm stressed about work and the baby coming etc.)  He got me some baby monitors, a bunch of cute maternity shirts, tickets to see Les Mis at the Hale theater, some gloves with special fingers so you can use a touch screen phone, and some other doodads. He also tricked me and got the Cajun Night Before Christmas even though he pretended he didn't. :)  I read it last year on Christmas Eve with his family but just from finding the text online.  This year we had the book--and the pictures make everything better. :)   We had a bigger group for Christmas Eve this year, but sadly Clint's brother Greg and fam aren't in the picture though they came back a bit later in the evening. 



On Christmas Eve we had a feast of ham, "heavenly" potatoes, fresh rolls, cranberry dip, salad, pumpkin roll etc.  We chatted, I read the story, and in the evening we played a rousing game of Taboo.  My team won, of course. :)  

On Christmas Day we had a nice brunch, opened presents, then visited Grandpa in the rehab center where he is recovering from a surgery.  Clint and I briefly tried video chatting with my family, but a three way video chat doesn't work very well with six kids involved. Furthermore, apparently gchat won't do split screen, so we just watched the screen schizophrenically flash back and forth for a while before we had to quit.  We then watched half of Forrest Gump on TV while waiting to talk more to my family (which didn't happen). So we played more games with Clint's family (Battle of the Sexes, Imagine If) and watched Elf all whilst eating a lot of random Christmas garbage.  A fine holiday, I say. 




Clint and I actually stayed in Idaho to Saturday.  I played games with the fam one other night (Farkle and Taboo again) though Clint scammed out to watch sports.  I'm glad his family likes games because I love games! We also watched Baby Mama which I have only seen once before, but both times I was surprised at how funny that movie is.  Siigh.  I had a lot of fun relaxing with the fam and being a bum.  Clint was pretty much as big of a bum as I was, so this is my weak justification for not helping out more.  Oops.  Maybe I am not the best guest, but I am lucky enough to have the best in-laws!

1 comment: