Friday, August 9, 2013

Van Saun, Patterson Falls, and Batting Cage


The next day in Jersey we went to Van Saun park and rode the little train and carousel.  It was really hot though and the kids were tired, so we didn't stay long.  I had a nice nap afterwards myself.  On my last full day we hit the local batting cages, which was highly entertaining.  I even batted myself!  I have to say, my hubby was the star of the show. :)  Too bad I didn't get pics.  Afterwards we went to Patterson Falls to snap some pictures.  The falls are very beautiful, but be careful when walking around the upper parking lot.  There is ALWAYS trash everywhere and this time when we walked down to the water we actually saw toilet paper and a pile of human poo right in the path.  Um, gross.  I recommend the lower lot--the pictures are better there anyway! We also saw some big ground hogs running around which excited some of the tourists.





Later that evening we had our last dinner in Jersey at a Mexican Place with Mom and Dad.  (Megan's family left after the falls.)  On our way to the restaurant we noticed another restaurant called "Taste it Again."  I'm not sure that this was the best marketing strategy..hah!

Anyway, the next day we flew home (and Mom was brave enough to drive us to Kennedy.)  This will be my last trip to Jersey sans baby! So, next time there will probably be fewer plays and more parks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment