Friday, August 9, 2013

New Jersey Trip 2013: Birthday, Rutt's Hut, and Hunterdon Hills


Ah yes, I am finally updating my blog.  So, we flew into Newark on June 15--Megan was there with Mom to pick us up from the airport and this is when I told her my big news about the bebe. However, she had to return to Connecticut after this. Clint then went off to a car show, and I went to Thai with Mom and Dad. Yum.  Then on Sunday it was Clint's birthday and we had cake #1, a cheesecake.  We also walked around Brookdale Park and saw a cute raccoon living in a storm drain, but the pictures didn't turn out.


Then on Monday we went to Rutt's Hut for dinner which is supposedly some famous diner in Clifton that has been open since 1928. They are famous for their Ripper which is a deep fat fried hot dog.  Does this look appealing to you?


Yeah, I wasn't in love.  And I had the misfortune to learn about cube steak. Don't be fooled by so called steak and cheese sandwiches. Anyway, it was a good cultural New Jersey experience. :)  Later that night Megan and her family came back, and we had birthday cake #2 for Clint--a delicious Costco fudge cake.



Then Tuesday morning I went on a run with my sister, Megan.  She has decided to become a runner--hooray! Afterwards my mom and I went to the Hunterdon Hills Playhouse.  We had lunch, an amazing dessert buffet, and watched the play Wake Up, Darling.  



It was a lot of fun, but we felt like senior citizens because pretty much everyone there arrived on tour buses from retirement homes. Those old ladies can get pushy in the bathrooms I tell you! Anyway, we also had fun walking around the grounds after lunch--there was a quaint little gazebo next to a pond.



I shall continue the narrative on the next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment