Friday, August 12, 2011

I hate shopping

I hate shopping so much. I know I have mentioned this before, but it's true. At the end-of-year English department party, I praised a colleague's shoes and mentioned it was my goal to find decent work shoes/clothes over the summer. Clint laughed and said I wouldn't buy any shoes out of my own free will. He was right. Today is my last free day of the summer. Work starts Monday, and tomorrow I have a long race. And have I bought shoes? No. I told myself I was going to go shopping today, but I find myself irrationally irritated. Why? Because Clint forced me to buy some polos at Izod earlier this summer. One of the smalls fit fine, so we bought a few other smalls. When I tried those smalls on at home they seemed very baggy and unflattering around the midsection. So I made a shopping date with a friend and we trekked up to the outlets. Well, Izod didn't have them in extra small, so I had to special order them. And now that they have arrived I have discovered that the sleeves are strangely tight. Why is this happening to me? I always get conned into buying things that don't fit right--and things hardly ever fit right in general. Sigh. I always have a stash of things that I've never worn and never get around to returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment