Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Connecticut

The Amtrak to Connecticut was much better than I expected; it has to be the best form of public transportation. I sat next to a renaissance man with whom I shared a delightful conversation on the way up. When I arrived in Stamford, Megan and the kids picked me up and took me to a children's museum.







On that next fateful day, Thursday, June 2nd, we went to the beach. There we played on the playground for hours while Ben chased "bad guys" and visited the fish house. We also played for a few minutes on the beach, which was my downfall. As we were rinsing off our feet, someone lost control of her long board, and I was struck directly on my ankle. I still bear the remnants of this injury almost two months later. Boo. That night we dined on stroganoff that Ben "improved" with extra paprika and parsley.



On Friday I smooshed in between car seats and we all headed to Kent Falls.






After Kent falls we headed back to the house, then smooshed in the car again to visit New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment