Sunday, November 29, 2015

St George Part Two


One of the activities we did was fish with the kids.  Though it ended up as something of a debacle, I'm still glad we did it.  We had just attempted to go to the Jacob Hamblin home, but the hours were wrong online, and it was closed.  So we headed to the nearby fishing pond (which apparently wasn't the greatest fishing pond of the area).  We attempted to do a little fishing and hit the nearby park, but inclement weather set in, and we had to go back to the condo.  Oh well.  I'm pretty sure Max was pretty entertained by the experience.  We also saw a cool heron.


I sail!  Ahem, I mean I fish!

On our last day, Clint, Max, and I went to check out the Green Valley Gap which was right near our condo.  I really wanted to go rock climbing but it was a little difficult to do when 1) Derek just ran a marathon and 2) we had all the kids with us.  So, I had to be content with just a quick peek at it.  I wish I could have just hiked around in it for a while, but we didn't have the time.



There was an open gathering area of sorts that someone had brought a couch too--I'm not sure if it was lowered down from the top or how they got it there.



Can you find me in this picture?  I wanted to keep going . . .


Our last hoorah before heading out was stopping at the Dinosaur Discover Sit and Johnson Farm.  This is an actual dinosaur dig that has been turned into a museum.



The kids enjoyed doing some dinosaur crafts, 


and especially digging for bones in the sandbox outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment