Sunday, July 12, 2015

My birthday: Pago and Cake





So then I had a family dinner with Clint and Max at Pago.  I started with a salad that is no longer on the menu, so I can't tell you all what's in it.  But it was pretty tasty.  There were apples and baby lettuce and I think pistachios and some type of candied something or another sprinkled on top.



For my entree I had the Steak-Frites which was described as "C.A.B. bavette steak, Yukon Gold fries, nasturtium & pernod bearnaise."  I had thought it would arrive with a picturesque nasturtium decorating it, but I suppose it was blended up in the sauce. The steak was very tender and delicious, but rather salty.  The fries were good too, but even more salty.  And that arugula salad?  Well, I wouldn't have ordered a salad plate first if I had known the entree came with a salad.  But it's a good thing I did because this salad was inedible because it was SALTED.  Heavily salted.  What an injustice to the regal arugula which I adore.


Clint got the Pago burger which he thought was very good, but he was disturbed about paying so much for a burger.  IT was a very gourmet burger though, and it came with truffle fries which again were amazing, but so overly salted we could't even finish them.  I think these were the worst offender with the salt.   Honestly, I was blown away that a fine dining establishment would destroy their food by over salting it.  Maybe I should have complained.  At any rate, I won't be going back.

After the restaurant we headed home to have some cake and ice cream with friends.   It was a lovely birthday, which was actually well documented this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment