Monday, March 25, 2013

Gatsby Party

 
This February was fairly happening for me.  As well as attending the Regency Romance Ball, I also attended a Black and White Gatsby party hosted by my friend Andrea.
 

 
I am new at this whole posing with fake moustaches on a stick thing.  I prefer my moustaches to be glued to my face, so that I can properly secure them in the mirror.  (This photo was the best of the lot.  My faux pas was that I actually smiled in the other ones.)
 
Anyway, I enjoyed throwing together DI costume part deux for February.  You can't tell very well from the pictures but the dress is pleated and I am wearing fishnet stockings.  I decided that the beaded embellishment on the dress was art deco enough to pass.
 

I would have liked a cute round hat or a headpiece of some kind, but I only started throwing my costume together a few hours before the party, so it was what it was.  What are some of your favorite photographs/dresses from the 1920s?

No comments:

Post a Comment