Monday, January 24, 2011

What I Ate and I Need Help




By the way, this is what I made for dinner tonight. Sorry that my blogging skills are lacking. It's just going to have to remain sideways. The lighting in this photo is lacking also--but the stuffed shells weren't. Clint said they were better than his mom's. I'm impressed with myself--even though I got the recipe from a book. The salad was ok: spring greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, pepperoncinis, and some goat cheese that I mixed with kalamata olives. It was a good "welcome back to running" meal. (I didn't run all last week because of my cold.)

Here is another good food picture: just kidding. It decided to go all the way to the top. I need help. Anyway, this was a fabulous butternut squash soup that I made like a year ago. It was very delicious with the accompanying spinach, feta, cranberry, and green apple salad. However, it was an epic battle dealing with the squash. How does one cook and peel a butternut squash in a sane fashion? My whole kitchen was orange afterward.
P.S. So if anyone has skills with using photos in blogger, please demystify me. Also, if you ever happen to notice any typos or grammatical errors, please let me know. I hate seeing things on blogs like "skin graphs" and other such nonsense. Though, not to toot my own horn, but I think I am far more susceptible to simple typos or spelling mistakes than that type of egregious usage error. So call me an English teacher or something.

3 comments:

  1. I edited this post three times attempting to put a hard return above the PS. No luck. Yes, I really need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were such a gourmet chef. I'm lucky if I can pull off taco soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get the hang of blogger, but it's tricky.

    On the squash: cook it whole and cut it afterward. You can do it all day long on 200 degrees, or in an hour or so at a higher temp (though you'll have to look that one up ...).

    I never cut squash before I cook it. Did once. Never again.

    So excited you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete