Sunday, August 17, 2014

A capital fellow

Whoa! It's different out here!
Meeting Mom
Max was born with dark hair. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz  and was 20.5 inches.





It’s difficult to describe how I felt when they brought Max over to me.  Imagine you are having a really heavy, sweaty sleep, and someone suddenly wakes you up, and says, “Hey this is the man you are going to marry” and shoves your future husband into your arms.  It was an overwhelming and somewhat awkward introduction to someone who would come to mean everything to me—but previously had been someone I just imagined.  It was surreal.

I don’t think it all really hit me until we were about to leave the hospital.  I was praying about our name choice, and I become overwhelmed with the feeling of responsibility and love for this little person that Heavenly Father had entrusted to my care.  I really didn’t (and don’t) know much about kids.  I was never a kid-person so to speak, and honestly I was pretty afraid to have one of my own.  And those first few weeks with him were terrifying and exhausting.  But honestly, Max is quite a capital fellow.  I’m not quite sure what I ever did to deserve having him in my life, but I’m sure happy he’s here to stay. 

Meet Max! 


No comments:

Post a Comment