Sunday, September 9, 2012

Anniversary Luau

In honor of our upcoming trip to Hawaii, I decided to do our second anniversary as a luau.  As soon as I got home from AZ I scrambled to make plans, and I executed them the next day while Clint was at work.  For my anniversary note I created a message in a bottle (that's the ginger beer on the table).  Apparently the traditional theme for second anniversary gifts is cotton so I got a little monogrammed hand towel to represent a beach towel.

I dressed up in my best island-style outfit (including a hemp anklet from the 90s, of course) and insisted that Clint wear a lei.  



Apparently Clint had the same stroke of genius with the beach towel idea:

For dinner we got take-out at Rumbi Island Grill, and then we watched Salmon Fishing in Yemen at the house.  For dessert we made pina coladas.  You can see the flowers that Clint got on the table behind me.


Our anniversary was a great precursor to a great trip!

The very next day after our anniversary I headed into the mountains to help out with youth conference.  Here's a pic of me at Provo River Falls.




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that it has already been two years! Wow. Time Flies. Have fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed you both came up with towels - that was smart! I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete